Toradex, North America, is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to help us drive the overall technical sales process from qualifying leads to assisting customers in the product evaluation and product development stages. The successful candidate will be able to build lasting customers relationships by employing a full array of professional sales skills and tools to achieve sustainable growth for Toradex.
In this position, you will be the voice and partner of our customers. You will work closely with our application engineers and customer service teams, as well as our external technology partners. Strong technical and excellent communication skills are required to showcase the superior value of Toradex solutions. Approximately 25% travel within your sales region (with potential overseas travel) will be required.
Position Summary: Technical Sales Engineer
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in embedded systems, electronics or computer hardware
Education: BSc in EE, CE, CS or related field
Functional Area: Sales
Location Detail: East Region – United States
Travel Requirement: Approx. 25%
Salary Range: Competitive
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/apply?code=Tx_US_SE_2018-09-25_East
Roles & Responsibilities
• Organize, manage and actively develop a sustainable pipeline of new business to create sustainable growth for Toradex.
• Systematically drive the overall technical sales process from qualifying leads to successful commissioning of projects and the sale of professional services.
• Work closely with technical decision makes at the customer and our Applications Engineers to identify target opportunities, and present tailored solutions based on Toradex products and services.
• Maintain long-term relationships with customers and be their trusted contact at Toradex.
• Continuously track all opportunities and record customer interactions in the CRM: Capture customer requirements, update project progress and perform periodical customer follow-up calls where required.
• Visit customers and demonstrate the superior technical values of Toradex products and services. Provide technical pre-sales consultation together with Applications Engineers.
• Take the lead at regional exhibitions and conferences to promote Toradex products and services. At events, identify and meet with potential local customers to drive new project acquisition.
• Travel for exhibitions, events and on-site customer visits (up to 50%).
Desired Candidate Profile
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of embedded systems, industrial computers, industrial IoT applications or related.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field required.
• Hands on development or application engineering experience is a plus.
• Proven technical sales experience preferred.
• Passionate about selling technology (electronics, computer hardware and software).
• Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications and requirement across different industries.
• Effective communication skills that allow regular interactions with sales management, R&D, product marketing, inside sales and other relevant teams regarding project status, technical issues, and customer feedback.
• Autonomous learner with high level of motivation to independently drive the assigned business and tasks.
• High integrity, honest, open, communicative, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional. Highly skilled in relationship building and team work.
• Fluent in English reading, writing, speaking and presenting.
Desired Sales Skills
• Customer focused, strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to use technical knowledge to present appropriate product solutions.
• Ability to highlight product value and customer’s total cost of ownership (strong sales technique).
• Proven ability to work with customers at all levels from engineering to technical management and executive levels.
• Understand and identify potential risks in the customer’s project, such missing or ambiguous requirements, and helping to minimize or eliminate such risks through pro-active communication and problem-solving actions.
• Ability to capture and systematically document all customer requirements for review with application engineers and product development teams.
• Project management skills: Ability to systematically and successfully plan, track and execute your tasks.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional planning, organization and record keeping skills.
• Excellent customer focus with strategic planning experience.
• Knowledge of common Sales and CRM tools.
Desired Technical Skills
• Experience and knowledge of embedded Arm computer and related peripherals.
• Experience with technical requirements analysis and system-level design.
• Comprehension of computer hardware fundamentals and component datasheets.
• Familiarity with industrial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, USB, SDIO, Ethernet, Wireless, etc.
• Experience with embedded operating systems such as Embedded Linux and other RTOS
• Basic product troubleshooting skills for computer hardware and software.
• Ability to provide technical product consultation and demonstrations.
This content was originally published here.